Little Island, with Auckland Council and Auckland Libraries, is running a series of free one-day workshops in Auckland for emerging Pasifika writers and Pasifika community groups with an unpublished book/manuscript, covering:
- how books work
- book design tips & tricks
- the book design checklist
- what makes a “good” book?
Dates and locations
- Saturday 28 May 2016 10am-4pm : Te Oro, Glen Innes
- Saturday 4 June 2016 10am-4pm : Waitakere Central Library, Henderson
- Saturday 11 June 2016 10am-4pm : Avondale Community Centre
- Saturday 18 June 2016 10am-4pm : Otara Library
- Saturday 25 June 2016 10am-4pm : Mangere Arts Centre
- For emerging Pacific writers and Pacific community groups.
- Limited to 15 participants per workshop.
- Each participant can attend only one workshop.
- Must have an existing unpublished book / manuscript.
- Participants must be of Pacific Island descent.